Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back To School

 I'm only a week and a half behind.... but our 1st week of school was not a real week. They had half days and Hayden only had one... So here it is. Amelia on her first day of school. All ready to go!
 Brock was pretty excited to be a 5th grader!

 Brock in his class. We were one of the first ones there that morning so the rooms were pretty empty!
 Amelia got to sit with 3 of her friends. I told her she better be pretty good or that wouldn't last very long... week and a half in and they are still together so it must be going well.
 Hayden's one and only day last week. She was pretty excited but I think a little nervous. But when I picked her up and she told me she didn't have a test she seemed very excited about kindergarten after that. I told her her teacher wouldn't give her a test and that if she did it would be easy and just to see how much she knew. When we went in for assessments later that week she proved that to be true! She flew through everything and her teacher was impressed!
 Brock got to do crossing guard the first 2 weeks of school. He is very excited about this. Only 5th graders get to do this so it is a big deal!
 1st day at MES. Very exciting. Even better she gets to sit with one of her best friends (also a little girl I babysit part time) Hadley. Makes going so much more fun and less scary when you already have a friend there!

 The first day of this week she got to ride the kindergarten bus. Hadley gets to ride to on Mondays when she is here and Fridays if she is here too! They loved it and had lots of fun telling us about the slippery seats when they got home!
 Ruth really wanted to ride too. When Hayden and Hadley climbed on Ruth stood there and said me ride, me ride. I told her in 3 more years she could ride. I almost got a little teary thinking that in 3 short years my baby will be doing this and then what.... oh yeah lunch with my friends with out finding a sitter or having the loudest kin in the restaurant! :) (Which is what I did the next day to celebrate back to school!)
Oh and I didn't get pictures of Ethan because he is a 7th grader and I think he is too cool for that. I might get him to do it tomorrow just so I can have a picture at the start of the year.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe Ethan is in 7th grade! Really?! Wow they are all so cute and grown up :)

Gabriel said...

you have a wonderful family, i can't barely remember what's it feels like first day of school, your kids are going to thanks you for it when they grow up. i wish my mom did this too! =)