Monday, March 21, 2016

Resurrection garden

I saw this "craft" on pintrest and really wanted to make one with my kids. We put it together last week. The grass grew much faster then I expected.  What I also didn't expect was what I would feel about it. ... each morning I watered the grass seeds and as I did  my mind would automatically run through the words to the hymn "There is a Green Hill Far Away" which says. ..
There is a Green hill far away,  without a city wall, where the dear Lord was crucified, who died to save us all.
We may not know, we cannot tell, what pains her had to bear. But we believe it was for us He hung and suffered there.
They're was no other good enough to pay the price of sin. He only could unlock the gate of heaven and let us in
Oh dearly dearly had he loved! And we must live him too,  and trust in his redeeming blood, and try his works to do.

This is one of my favorite Easter/sacrament hymns. And my heart has been turned to Him more as I have these thoughts each morning. 

No comments: