I was inspired last night when I saw a friends blog and she listed some of the things that she was thankful for. I went to bed thinking of all the things I wanted to list as I counted my blessings. It is therapeutic for me and helps me focus on all I have and not worry or not focus on the things that I want and often think that I need or that I don't have. So I thought it would be fun to put them on my blog too! In no particular order....
1. The Gospel
2. My sweet husband (he works so hard to take care of us!)
3. Ethan & the times he is my sweet snugly boy and eager to please me (I wish this were more often!)
4. Brock and his way of always making me smile
5. Ameila and her cute voice that is always singing
6. Hayden She is an angel sent from above who has filled a hole that was in my heart!
7. My mom who has helped me be who I am and still helps me to become better
8. My dad who taught me all I know about serving in a calling and so much more!
9. My brothers who teased me mercilessly when I was young but who I love now
10. My sister I wasn't sure if I liked her when we were little but now I only wish she were closer all the time! ( I miss you Emily!)
11. My calling in the church, It is time consuming but there is no better place then with these wonderful children!
12. My Beautiful home that is safe and warm and more then I dreamed I would ever have!
13. Dishwashers (how many hours does it save a week!?)
14. Washing machines ( I would not make a good pioneer) I know I complain about laundry but where would we be with out modern convenience
15. my garbage disposal (don't laugh it keeps my garbage from smelling even worse and saves me during canning season!)
16. Modern medicine! (epidurals especially!)
17. Computers and that we can keep in touch so easily now days!
18. Air conditioning!
19. Heat in the winter
20. a car that doesn't break down all the time!
21. Being able to be a stay at home mom and not have to go to work!
22. A husband who can fix everything (I know I already said him but he has a lot of things I am thankful for I wont list them all that would be inappropriate!)
23. cameras, with out I wouldn't remember most of life!
24. video cameras with out I would forget what my kids sounded like
25. My grandparents Ben and Donna, Both have passed on but have left an amazing legacy and helped me know the importance of family, and love in a marriage
26. President Hinkley
27. Katie Schmidt (now Katie Tucker) with out her through middle and high school I would not be where I am today that I know for sure!
28. Laura and Leti Wetzel with out them in college I would have lost all faith in having girl friends
29. All of my wonderful girl friends I have now! You all touch my life in different ways that I would be incomplete with out. (STOP MOVING AWAY!)
30. Kelly Gard- who showed me you can have sisters who were not born to the same parents!
31. Rain (as much as I really hate it there wouldn't be flowers or water to water ski in with out it!) The best rain is in Central Oregon though because of the wonderful smell!!!
34. The Temple,
35. The priesthood
36. Music (Both inspirational kinds and fun kinds!)
37. Laughter (it really is the best medicine)
38. Sunshine (especially after the rain)
39. hot cocoa
40. all chocolate
41. all food in general
42. the craft of scrapbooking (it is very therapeutic for me and a social outlet)
43. our dog Dotty (she is always ready for snuggle or play time!)
44. a comfortable bed
46. My kids teachers
47. My kids friends that help my kids choose the right and entertain them in good ways
48. Good Books
49. The Book of Mormon
50. All other books of scripture
51. Joesph Smith
52. Gardens (only the parts you get to eat not the weed part!!!)
54. Running water
55. Most of all Jesus Christ He is the giver of all gifts and the reason I have all these blessings and many many more. But I am sure you are tired of reading this as much as my children are tired of me writing this! I truly am blessed!