Thursday, January 7, 2010

Best Doctor Ever!

Ok so I just have to say that I am certain that we have the best family Doctor in the whole world! He is really funny, cracks jokes, and tells funny stories, he is great with my kids (they actually pretend that they are him when the play doctor), but he actually takes time caring for his patients. Last year when we switched to him Amelia was the first one to have an appointment and she needed a well child check up and to get 5 shots so she could go to school. He was so nice to her and he actually helped give some of the shots (we have NEVER had a DR give shots before just their assistants/ nurses!) So then a few days later she gets a postcard in the mail from him, written by him telling her she is the bravest girl he has ever met and all that nice stuff. Then a week or 2 after Ruth was born he removed a bunch of warts off the bottom of my feet. He "entertains" while doing the procedure. He sent me a postcard a few days later and then called to double check that I was doing well. I know that we have never had a doctor do that before. The only other Doctor we have had come close was the one that we had when Ethan was brand new. He did Ethan's "little boy" procedure. There were some small complications and he gave us his home phone number and told us to call if there were any complications. It was a good thing he did because I did end up calling him at 10:30 that night and he opened the back door to the office and took care of him in the middle of the night. He left when Ethan was about 6 months old.... it hasn't ever been the same. This great doctor also has been helping me figure out my heart burn problems that seem to have gotten much worse after Ruth was born (backwards I know!) But he gave me 10 days worth of meds which were about $100 worth of medicine, then after one medication failed and I came back a month later he wouldn't let me pay for my office visit, and after my blood test results came back he called me right away to let me know the results (which were negative so no ulsur.) Only once have I had the actual doctor call and give me test results and that was after my last miscarriage and they did testing and she told me what the results were and what I needed to do to prevent miscarriages. Our new doctor also had a big Christmas party for seniors and invited his patients to come and serve dinner to the seniors, and those of us with to many little kids were invited for pie and visits with Santa at the end of the party. My kids had a blast! We love our new doctor and hope he never gets so busy things change. That is why I won't be publishing his name so that all of you that live anywhere near here won't switch doctors and crowd up his office!

1 comment:

Joe and Mary said...

When we lived there you gave me his name and he was the best doctor I ever had!!!!! I was sad when we had to move and find another one! we miss him.