Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Haloween 2012

 We have a mishmash of costumes.... for a few reasons, a few of them would NOT commit to a costume, I didn't have much money to spend on costumes, and I had less even less time to spend putting things together. For those who don't know I run a bazaar and we open in a week from today, so I am SLIGHTLY busy... But we pulled of a super cute lion that has been in our box and Brock has worn 2 times when he was littler. Ruth loved it and loved ROARING at everyone!
 Amelia wanted to be Harmine Granger which was nice because she had a black dress, Ethan had a Harry Potter robe from the year he was Harry, and she found a stick in the yard for a wand, I did do her hair in a bunch of braids the night before so she could have really fluffy hair.
 Brock would NOT commit to a costume, Monday he finally said he would be a Zombie Cub Scout, then this morning!!! Halloween morning! Brock said "I'll be a book worm" I was a little overwhelmed because today is one of those days where I am crazy busy! But I thought no I can do that I have some red fabric I will just make a "pillow case" style worm costume and we will pin a bunch of books to it so that is a BOOK Worm... ha ha. He loved it and I was happy because lets just admit it sometimes he is hard to please when he already has something in mind! Infact he told me it was his best one ever and he would wear it again next year and just add new books.. .We will see.
 Hayden came up with this idea to be a Monster she wanted a box and she wanted to decorate it herself. So I got a box for her, Don't worry I went and bought myself a pair of new boots just so she could have the perfect box. She had a great time coloring, and gluing all kinds of stuff to the box. She loved it and I drew a few extra eyes on her face she LOVED it!

 Here we are the church. Larry wore his old Mr. Potato Head shirt. (we were Mr and Mrs. the year I was VERY pregnant with Hayden) I wore my Snow White Costume my mom made me the year Larry and I were dating. That's right it fits!!! :) Ethan is not in the picture because he had a football game, he got home just after we got done at the church. He got to go to a few houses on our street. Our nice neighbor saw his empty bucket and cured that!


 Ruth LOVED the pumpkins!!! She climbed right in and LOVED it! It was so funny!

 We all had fun carving pumpkins. They all looked cute! It was the first time Ruth participated and she had a blast. It was so sweet. She was so enthusiastic about the whole thing. She didn't want to be done!


No comments: