Monday, June 10, 2013

Welcome to Summer!

Last year just before school was out I saw this idea on Pintrest and I did it for my kids on the last day of school.... so guess what my kids say to me on the way out the door for school on their last day. Mom I hope you do that banner on the door again! So of course to try to keep being a "fun/ cool" mom I throw one up. Luckily the kindergartners were done the day before so all I did was write the words and Hayden and Hadley did all the art work. Worked out great!
 As soon as Larry was off that night we headed out to Green Peter Lake and camped out. Great way to kick of summer vacation I think! The next morning after breakfast we got to go on our first "real" boating trip with our new boat. We had gone on a boat ride but not gone water skiing or anything. (Since we bought it in February this is not weird that we didn't run right out and use it. BRRRR!) Ethan got to do all his favorite things. Slalom, knee board, and wake board.
 Brock water skied and knee boarded. He popped right up. Larry got his first trip as well. It was Amazing! Great take off and easy pull! LOVED IT! Don't ask if I did. It is June the water is still COLD!
 The weather was perfect and we all had a wonderful time! Hayden loved hiding in the "cave" under the seat.
 Amelia on flag duty. Amelia also did some water skiing and some knee boarding. My battery died before I got any more pictures!
We all came up with a little sun burn. Ruth and Hayden got away with almost none, hardly pink. Ethan and I are pretty sore 2 days later. But it was fun anyway and we will be golden brown by the end of the week! Welcome to Summer!!!

No comments: