Monday, February 11, 2008

Children's Museum!

At the end of last summer we won tickets to the Portland Children's museum from the library. I was really excited about it!!!! So this weekend we finally took advatage of them and went to Portland. It was a lot of fun! The kids really enjoyed each of the exhibits. Hayden wasn't so sure about the whole thing. It was almost a little overwhelming to her. She really wanted to stay close to Larry or I or happy to sit in the stoller. I was a little supprised by this reaction thinking she would want down and to run. But it was kind of busy and crouded and I am sure overwhelming. I was really happy to have her want to be near then have her running off all the time! The rest of them did a good job of staying together! There was one room called "The Garage" It is only for 5 and up, So Larry took the boys in and I took Amelia to the clay room. The boys made some "really cool" inventions. It was a fun family day! Ending with a yummy dinner!





















Brock's invention!

3 comments:

Alli said...

I don't think I've even been there before. I used to think it was the same as OMSI. It looks like fun - I'll have to make a trip sometime.

Amanda Davis said...

It is in the old Omsi building but it isn't just like Omsi. It has a few things that are similar but Omsi is bigger but also costs 2 times as much! It is right next to the zoo so you can do both at the same time if you have the money and a whole day. But it was fun!

Kim said...

Cool looks like you had a great time. I miss the cool museums that Portland had to offer. Cute picture of Hayden pointing to herself. Fun to see the kids.