Monday, November 23, 2009

Season of Change, and Thankfulness

I love all the seasons because I love change. I love fall for all the beautiful colors, the cooling off of the hot weather, the holidays, going back to school and so much more! I have another change this fall along with adding a member to our family making us a family of 7, this week I received a new calling. I only had my last one for a few months but I had started enjoying going to Relief Society. We got a new bishop in our ward at church the week Ruth was blessed and a lot of times that means changes in other areas. (Not always) So this Sunday I received a new calling. I was called to be the 2nd Counselor in Young Women's. This is a whole new thing for me! I haven't served in Young Women's ever. I haven't had anything to do with the Young Women's organization since I was one which was 12 years ago. Some things have changed I hear but they are minor. I am looking forward to this experience. I already love the group of girls I will be working with since I have spent lots of time with them while they were in primary. They are also my favorite girls to call when I need a baby sitter! It will be fun, and much busier then I have ever been. I thought being Primary President had a lot of meetings.... Good thing I have a wonderful, supportive husband who does a wonderful job putting kids to bed at night and even does a great job giving the baby a bottle every once and a while so I can leave her when need be.
Since this week is Thanksgiving yesterday at church the talks were all about Gratitude and being thankful for the blessings in our lives. I know I did this a couple years ago but I thought maybe it was time for me to count my blessings again. I truly am blessed and am so thankful for all the things my Father in Heaven has given to me and my family. I truly have much to celebrate this holiday season. I think I will just list some of my blessings, I know I can't write them all this would be incredibly long.
I am thankful for: My family, my mother who raised me and taught me so much about the gospel, motherhood and being a good person all around, my dad who taught me tons about service, work, honesty, what being a good man is (this helped me find one!) and tons more.... Brothers and a sister who I fought with as a child but totally love to hang out with now! They are some of my favorite people, they make me laugh, and bless my family in more ways then they know! My grandparents who are all passed away now taught me tons of things and more then I can list. I love them and am so grateful they paved the way for our eternal family! My husband and the wonderful man that he is. He makes me a better person, he strengthens me and blesses our home with his priesthood. I am grateful for his parents who taught him many things. I am so grateful for my 5 healthy children. They bring me more joy and love then I ever imagined. They each have wonderful traits that bring joy into our home.
The Gospel: Priesthood blessings, leadership, a prophet that leads and guides us today, scriptures, inspiration, Temples, Eternal marriage, tithing, hymns, and all that comes from living the commandments of our Father in Heaven.
This country: The freedoms that come from living in the USA. Even when I can complain about how messed up some of the stuff that goes on here is we still live in the greatest country in the world. We have more freedoms and rights then anyone and are truly blessed to be a part of this land! I am thankful to all those who helped make it what it is, and fought and died to make it what it is!
Friends: All of them passed and present. The ones who helped me when I was younger shape my testimony of the Savior and his teachings, who taught me how to have fun and still be good. The ones who help me now as a mom not feel alone when I am struggling, who help me when I need it, teach me ways to be a better mom, and wife. I know I wouldn't be able to function, with out the love and support of good friends in my life. There are so many times when you just need a break, a time out, or support as you care for your families and I love having friends who help me with this and I love being able to help them with this also! I think my life would be so lonely with out good friends in my life!
There are so many temporal blessings I have been given I can't count them all but I will list a few, a warm safe beautiful home, (a husband that takes good care of this home and is able to fix anything in it,) 2 vehicles that run well, are dependable, and affordable. Food that is abundant in our home. Clothes that are abundant in our home (hopefully mine will fit again soon!) scrapbooks and scrapbook supplies that help me remember all the wonderful times I get to have with my family and friends. There is much much more but I need to go care for my family now so I will just say, I am grateful for all the things I have been blessed with. I often feel more blessed then I deserve!

No comments: