Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Prayer of a child

This week we had one of our rabbits escape the safety of our back yard. I won't mention the fact that it was due to the fact that our boys took off 2 boards to our fence and dug a hole under the fence, or the fact that it just so happened to be on the side that there are Rottweiler dogs that WOULD eat the rabbit if caught! Oh and the gate was left open! I have to say that only our girl rabbit wanders when given the chance. Our boy rabbit will stay put. (He is fixed she is not...) Anyway It was time to put them in their cage for the night and it was discovered that one was missing, and very possibly in a danger. Our boys went next door and asked if they could look in their back yard... But now rabbit to be found. We knew if we left the gate open if she wasn't dead it was very possible she would come back for water (the eat grass and other stuff all the time). We sent our boys to bed teary eyed and told them to pray for their bunny. First thing in the morning Ethan looked out and there she was sitting in the back yard. This is not the first time we have had this happen. Ethan was so happy, he hugged me that morning and told me that their prayers had been answered. I meant to share this second story clear back in December but neglected to. In December I offered to pick up some fake trees from a sister in our ward's house and take them to the church for the ward party. I was using our Diesel truck... I knew it was LOW on fuel but figured I could get across town and back. When I say across town I mean she lives at the opposite side of town as I do. Yes it is a smallish town but when you get in your truck and it says 2 miles till empty on the read out it is NOT a good sign for a diesel. Never the less I went on. We picked up the trees, dropped them off at the church (the opposite end of town again to the farthest point!) and then I realize the ONLY place to get diesel in town is again at the other end of town and I had driven past it 2 times already.... It was just after 5 pm at this point and traffic is as bad as it gets at this point in our town because all the commuters are on their way through town to their homes, I waited through 3 or 4 cycles at one stop light with all 5 of my kids in the car Ruth SCREAMING because she is starving!!!! (for those of you that don't know if you run a Diesel out of fuel it is VERY VERY bad!!! Not like running a car out of gas!) So while we are sitting at the light for the 3rd or 4th time I asked Ethan to pray that we could make it to the gas station (since now the read out has been telling me we have 0 miles till empty and has been saying so for the last 5-10 minutes!) He prays and we make it to the station on what I am sure is fumes. We got fueled up and home for dinner. Both my boys after that experience told me that they knew Heavenly Father had answered their prayers. I knew he did too!. He knew that I needed his help and so did my 5 kids so that their mommy didn't loose it on the side of the road and do their daddy didn't have to get mad about me ruining the truck. I love seeing my children's testimonies growing, and have them tell come to me to tell me so. So if you are in need of some blessings just let my kids know and they will put you in their prayers. It is sweet we set a goal at the beginning of the year to always include someone who doesn't live in our house in our prayers (this was to help my children and myself from just saying the same things we always think of, and to help think of others.) Since then we have a few people who Ethan never forgets in his prayers. So watch out Emily! Blessings are coming your way! (Among a few others but I won't list you in case it would embarrass you!

No comments: