Sunday, June 19, 2011

Swimming lessons!

Ok I am lame AGAIN! My 4 older kids are all taking swimming lessons for 2 weeks. I kept forgetting to take my camera and then figured Oh well they have another week of it.... oops I won't be here next week to watch Grandma will be here with the kids while I am at Girls Camp with the Young women from our church. So... again sorry no pictures. But here is another mental picture of Hayden being very brave for her swim teacher, blowing bubbles, going under the water and jumping off the side of the pool (all things she does not do with me! She is more cautious then any of our other kids.) Picture Brock and Amelia doing a great job learning how to side breath, float, and doing a great job and swimming! Ethan is learning all kinds of new strokes and is even learning how to do flip turns! (I can't even do that!) Then here is the best mental picture yet. Picture Ruth constantly kicking and squirming to get away from me, flashing her cutest smile the second she is free and then running as fast as her little legs will carry her to the water (almost falling in if I am not faster then her!) Then picture by day 3 me giving up and sitting outside the fence to watch and her walking yes I am not joking or exaggerating walking between the bars of the bike rack! Then finding that there is a DOOR that goes through the pool house onto the pool deck! Yes the last 15 minutes of that lesson were spent chasing her out of there!!! I then found I should just shut the door (even thought they like it propped open!) That is what we have been doing this passed week. Around the lessons I have been doing all I can to prepare for girls camp... I leave Tuesday morning. I think it will be a lot of fun and look forward to spending the time with my Young Women. I will miss my family tons. Every time I am snuggling Ruth, getting sticky hugs, or listening to her jabber (which she does A LOT lately) I think of how I will miss her little sounds and all that! It will be fun though to! I was sad I couldn't go last year because Ruth was still a baby and nursing and I wanted to go be with my girls, so I am excited to go with them this year! My kids are going to have lots of fun with Grandma! I will post what ever pictures I have next week... It will be a different set of faces, and fun stories I am sure!

No comments: