Thursday, April 29, 2010

Milestones in bedtimes

 
Posted by Picasa

Ruth is an angel of a baby. She is such a sweet girl and I know I say that a lot but it is just the truth!!! Since she started cutting teeth she has developed a habit of getting up in the night. In fact she has been getting up 3-5 times in the night. Often just long enough to get mommy up, latch on to nurse and fall asleep again. So really just a comfort messure that has turned into a habit. So now she is almost 7 months old, she has slept 7-8 hours before and I knew she was not hungry just wanting a tiny snuggle in the night and back to sleep. This is not a great condition for mommy. She does sleep in our room in a bassenet which is great when the nursary is upstairs and I have a brand new baby. But it was feeling like it was time for her to move to the crib upstairs (yes we have a really good baby monitor). So Monday night she made the move to her crib up stairs... or I made it for her. She had napped there a few times and seemed to really like the comfy bed and LOVE the music box. Monday night wasn't as bad as I thought it would be she would go right back to sleep with her music box on, and the next night even better, last night she slept 9 hours!!! I can hardly believe myself. Now we are on nap 2 for the day and all she did was start to get a little fussy after she had nursed so I took her up laid her down and turned on the music box and she just cooed and held on to her toes, 5 minutes later I came up to take this picture. I just love that she is so sweet and so easy to please! I love to rock my babies to sleep and have charished doing it for all of them. But apperently Ruth is done (unless at church). She loves to nurse get drowsy then put me in bed. I just love this angel!

No comments: