Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More about last week!

So I don't have any pictures for this one but my husband said I should blog it... Funny! Anyway I thought there was a lot of stuff I left out about last week anyway since I only talked about Cub camp anyway. I did mention the fact that I was sick in that entry and that was putting things mildly. Monday while I was at cub camp I started feeling sick and got worse through out the day. To the point where I am not sure how I got those boys home safely. I took my temperature when I got home that day and it was 101.8 I know not like rush to the hospital but my whole body was going from freezing to sweating and so I crashed on the couch when we got home from day camp. I tried to go to the Dr's office but they were swamped and couldn't see me till the next morning. So I was dead on the couch wen Larry got home and found crackers smashed everywhere on the living room, as well as many other disgusting things; banana peals on the floor, a huge mess in general. So he got to deal with dinner and bed time while I was passed out. The next morning I made it to the Dr. with only a temp of 100.8 (this was after I had been on Alieve all night and all morning!) He informed me that a couple of years ago he would have sent me to the hospital but they were going to give me a shot of antibiotics, a prescription and take blood to see if my kidneys were even functioning. He also told me that if I wasn't feeling better by Friday to get back in there. Each day I could see some improvement but it was Friday before I could move with out pain. ( I had a major kidney infection!!!) Now I am feeling back to normal but I have to not spend much time in the sun because of my med. I took the kids to the pool today, we were only there for an hour and I feel like that might have been pushing it. I don't look burned but my skin feels like it is a little bit...?
But on the fun side of things this last week is we have a friend who lived in our ward who use to receive shipments of free bread and she would pass it out to every one that wanted it. She moved to California and passed this duty on to us. I thought this would be a fun little project to do a service, (plus this is a fun way to keep in touch with our friends in the other ward.) Anyway Saturday evening the man who delivers the bread called and told me he should have 8 stacks. I thought "Oh that is a lot of bread!" Then he called me back and said it is a lot more then that! I spent a couple hours on the phone calling people telling them to come and get bread! By 10:30 we had made a pretty good dent in it. The bread literally filled our 1&1/2 car garage! Larry counted the pallets and there were a little more then 130 pallets of bread! I have never seen this much bread in my whole life! But It was amazing!!! We had everything from French bread, English muffins, loaves of all kinds of sandwich breads, raisin breads, bagels, bagets, and tons of buns!!! It was incredible! And after all that we only had to feed a few bags to the ducks!!! I can't believe we were able to share that much bread with people! It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to getting to do this for a while. It won't always be in that quantity but fun just the same. What a blessing. I was telling Ethan, this is what it is like to have the windows of heaven open and pour out more blessings then we can hold. We had so many blessings we were giving them to others and blessing them! How fun was that. Ethan was such a good helper too! He was taking the flats as soon as they were getting empty moving the one or two loaves left somewhere else and taking the empty one out to stack it. He was totally into it. It was really cute to see him work hard at it and help other people that way! The rest of my kids just loved talking to everyone that came. It was fun! This week it is vacation prep week. I have to get the shopping, packing, laundry, and cleaning done. I haven't really done nearly enough to get things going!!! I keep thinking tomorrow I will do that. I guess I better get busy since we are leaving Sat very early and I have to pack for 6 people to camp for 8 days!!! It is going to be so much fun. I just need to get my act together and get things together. But we really have simplified how we do this so it isn't to hard. We have some totes that stay packed all the time with all our camping gear in it. And then there is the tent, and sleeping bags all together, Larry has already loaded those. All that is left really is clothes, food, toys. Easy right! HA HA HA!!!! I actually don't mind the packing it is the unpacking I hate! But it is well worth it to make wonderful memories and bond with our family! This year we are having some friends come a long to and it is going to be wonderful! I will post lots of pictures when we get back! I might post something before we leave but we will see if I can get my house clean, packed, and ready first!!! Have a fun week all!

7 comments:

Kari said...

Have fun with Net-Net. I'm missing her already. Oh, and enjoy baby Dwight! He's a joy.

Sounds like you had a crazy week. How'd the kidney infection happen?

So Many M's said...

What a week!!! I'm guessing you are fully functioning now. At my house, when I'm sick the kids eat a lot of sandwhiches and the house is a disaster. Have fun camping, is this a family reunion thing or a more of summer tradition of yours? Anyway, enjoy.

Amanda Davis said...

I don't think you really want to know about the kidney infection but I will tell since you asked... I actually get UTI's semi regularly. Less now then when I was first married. But I have only had 3 full blown Kidney infections. This time I am almost sure it was from holding my pee to long. It isn't like I just did it one time, I have just been so busy I put it off till I can't. I know I am not taking good care of my body and now I paid for it!!! Kind of embarassing that I do what my kids do only it makes me sick! I am up and normal to and trying hard not to ignore my body! Our camping trip is a tradition. Larry's family has always done it and we just continued it with our family. It isn't normally a reunion but this year both Larry's brothers and older sister will be there!!! So it will be lots of fun to hang out with them. We are even going to have a big "pioneer celebration" of our own since we will be there on the 24th of July! Fun! We also have friends going with us which is going to make it all the more fun for my kids (they don't have any cousins their age on Larry's side, they are all older and then Dwight who is younger.) But fun all the same!

Julia Shinkle said...

Ok Amanda the first time I read this I got side tracked and didn't comment so I am back to comment. I am so sorry this happened it sounds awful! I love how as moms we just go and go and go and it takes so much to get us to slow down and really listen to our bodies. I hope your are doing better. How sweet of Larry to step in a help out!

Mo said...

I really think you should have had Ethan take your picture while you were lying on the couch with a fever to add credibility to the story!

Alli said...

I can't believe you managed to function as sick as you were! Wish I could've been more help. Glad you're feeling better now and I hope you're enjoying your vacation :)

Amanda Davis said...

I think the fact that I didn't blog all week adds credibility, plus not having a picture is credibility, if I hadn't been that sick I would have thought Oh lets get a picture so I can blog this! But no I was so sick I couldn't even think of the blog!!!