Monday, May 18, 2009

Temple Trip


Saturday was our ward's "total temple day" Meaning we had scheduled to go from baptisms through sealings for a person. (For those unfamiliar with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saint's beliefs and temples click here!) I have never done this before. I hadn't even done baptisms since I have been married (so more then 10 years!) I was really looking forward to this experience. My mom had sent me a few family names so I was really excited. Our group started out small since some people had already had the baptism part done but grew through out the day. It was such a beautiful day (not that I saw out side a lot). But I did come out and have lunch with some great friends. It smelled so good and the flowers were so beautiful! We spent the rest of the day inside and the spirit was so strong and I knew that the work we had done was worth every minute of being away from children, not planting my garden on this beautiful day, or any other thing I might have done on this day. Nothing was more important! Many times while I was there my baby would start kicking like crazy. I don't know if this is because they can also feel the spirit, maybe they know they are in a wonderful place... I have always felt that babies and children are often more in tune with the spirit then we are, I think it may be true even before they are born! We got out around 7:30 and you could still smell the flours so strong in the air! It was a beautiful evening. One of the other Sister's was there on her own and she and I went out for dinner afterwards. It was a nice finish to the day. The funny thing was that on my way home all by myself I thought... I am going to bear my testimony tomorrow then I thought... it isn't fast Sunday! Well about 10 minutes before church started Brother Quinn asked if I would bear my testimony on our experience in the temple yesterday! Funny. It was a wonderful day!

No comments: